I have never been so busy in advising schools. Because I have such a detailed perspective on the market, I am asked to work with many schools on their strategic offering. There is not a region of the country, type of school and commercial challenge that I am not familiar with.
My work frequently involves advising on amendments to schools’ models:
- Should we amend our Early Years provision?
- Should we amend our Saturday provision?
- Should we amend our boarding offering?
- Should we extend – or reduce – our age range?
- Should we consider going co-ed?
It also involves issues of central strategic importance:
- How sustainable is our school’s market?
- How large is our local market, and is it growing or shrinking?
- Could our marketing and recruitment activities be more effective?
- How strong is our positioning vs. our competitors?
- Where should our strategic priorities lie?
I carry out this work personally. The above are all topics on which I have delivered masterclasses, as well as managing projects for numerous schools.