About these sessions
Mungo Dunnett Associates have for some years run Masterclass sessions for senior leadership in the independent schools sector. We have adopted the same format for the HE sector, allowing us to bring our consulting experience from the business and schools sectors to bear, as relevant, on the issues being faced by the country’s HEIs.
Each one-day session covers a topic chosen in advance as being one of particular current relevance to universities. This will be a specific topic, rather than a vague and generalised issue. The day will comprise extensive, practical discussion on the topic, featuring extensive case studies (anonymous where necessary), answering delegates’ questions comprehensively, encouraging debate around the table and providing delegates with clear, implementable ideas to take back to their institution.
The sessions are deliberately limited to a maximum of 24 participants, to allow this depth of round-table discussion. Delegate spaces are charged at £375 each (plus VAT).
THE CHANGING PSYCHOLOGY OF APPLICANTS: RESPONDING TO AN EVOLVING BUYER’S MARKET
- A new understanding of students: behavioural types, and the new determinants of university choice
- The parent as buyer: parent types and behaviours; what they seek and how they influence students
- The impact of affordability: effect on logistical and practical considerations
- The impact of employability: effect on student and parent criteria
- Social fit: the least understood of the decision-making factors, and its implications for admissions practices
- Influencing factors: effective relationship management with schools; effective use of website and social media
- Mitigating factors: improving prospective students’ familiarisation with the institution; tracking and tutoring of current students
This masterclass was delivered on the following date:
London, Wednesday 8 November 2017